I started my day with a cup of hot coffee and a plate of fried noodle. Today the weather is very good. I am enjoying the clear sky and nice scenery of Penang Island while on the way to work. As a result of enjoyable journey, I’m late by a minute. But who cares as long as the joyous feeling is with me today, late by a minute will not harm my day.
It is good to have this kind of feelings because it will affect your day either going positive or negative. Eventhough, I had only 4 hours (3 hours 46 minutes to be exact) of sleeps last night, my day will stay positive and I will enjoy that. To help others to be positive like me, please go through the steps that I have taken from Wikihow on “How to stay positive when you know your life sucks”.
- Look on the inside. What are some qualities you have that you like about yourself? Are you funny? Are you pretty? What do you like? What do you have pride in? Try focusing on the positive things in your life.
- Prove those negative thoughts wrong. Often, people say,”I am fat” or “I am stupid”, or “no one loves me”. Prove to yourself that you aren’t this and that. If you think you’re fat, look at everyone else in your age group, you’re probably among the middle. If you think you are stupid, you aren’t, you are alive, breathing, functioning well, you passed this grade and that. Look at your marks and see the higher ones. The lower ones you can learn from. If you think no one loves you because you’re a foster child or if you have been rejected, think of God, or Allah, or Buddha, he or she loves you as you are and will be there for you. But People do love you, parents, friends, and relatives love you a lot. Everyone loves someone.
- Now for the outside. Look in the mirror. Find some beautiful things about yourself…do you have nice skin? long nails? pretty eyes? full lips? Find stuff that appeals to you.
- Determine why your life sucks. What can you do to make your life better, what do you want to do? How do you want to feel? Make a few goals and try to find ways to get there. The first step is the hardest, getting help or admitting.
- Goals are hard to accomplish but keep up your motivation, what motivates you? What gives you energy to go on everyday? Music? Love? People? Family? God, Allah, Buddha? Yourself? Friends? School? Keep thinking of those for motivation. Dive right in and go for what you want
- Remember that this is only one part of your entire life. There will be a tomorrow. There will be a next week. There will be a next month and maybe by next month, you’ll be feeling better. You are in control of your life and though it might get worse, it’ll get better eventually.