Jun 19th, 2007 by bismut
I am sure many Malaysian are aware that they have 15 days of public holidays annually. This is only for federal public holidays and does not include states level. Off course the total off days will be more if we include states public holidays. I will list only 2007 federal public holidays.Here we go..
- Â New Year’s Day – 1st January
- Maal Hijrah (Awal Muharram) – 20th January
- Chinese New Year – 18th to 19th February
- Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday – 31st March
- Labour Day – 1stÂ May
- Wesak Day – 1st May
- King’s Birthday (Yang Dipertuan Agong) – 2nd June
- National Day – 31st August
- Hari Raya Puasa (Eid’ Fitr) – 13th to 14th October
- Deepavali – 8th November
- Hari Raya Qurban (Eid’ Adha) – 20th to 21st December
- Christmas – 25th December
The normal practice in Malaysia for public holidays where I am sure there are a few other countries which doing the same, if the public holiday falls on Sunday, the next day will be considered as a replacement day for Sunday.