Visa to Oman
The Sultanate of Oman – Rules of obtaining visa are vary from country to another. Countries are divided into 3 sections:
a) Group A – Portugal, Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Moldova, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Norway, Netherlands, Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Latvia ,Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Slovakia, Czech Rep., Monaco, Luxembourg, San Marino, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Macedonia, Cyprus, Malta, Croatia, Greece, Belgium, Poland, Rumania, Slovenia, Lithuania, Argentina, Bolivia,Brazil,Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela , Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, French Guiana, Australia , Brunei Dar al-Salam ,Canada , Lebanon ,Hong Kong , Indonesia, Japan ,Malaysia, New Zealand, Seychelles ,Singapore ,South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United States, Turkey ,Tunis.
b) Group B – Egypt, Iran, India, Jordan , Albania , Morocco, Syria, Byelorussia, Bulgaria, Russian Federation, China , Bosnia – Herzegovina, Ukraine
c) Group C – Other Countries
Countries from Group A.
- Single entry visa – This visa is valid for tourists, business and short period visitors. Valid for one month and can apply for another one month extension when the visa expire. Visa fee is OMR6. This visa can be obtained prior to departure at any Omani embassy or consulate office in respective country/region. It also can be obtained upon arrival at all designated entry to the country. Passport must be valid for 6 months.
- Multiple entry visa – For those who would like to enter Oman multiple time, can apply this visa from Omani embassy and consulate office in respective country/region and it also available upon arrival. This visa is valid for one year and the maximum duration of stay per visit is 3 weeks .A fee of OMR10 is charge for all applications. Passport must be valid for one year.
- Common Visa Facility with The Emirate of Dubai – This visa is available for Group A country only and does not require separate visa to be issued if entering from the Emirate of Dubai and bearing entrance visa or stamp from The Emirate of Dubai. The entry stamp/visa from Dubai is recognized for entry to Oman. Maximum stay will follow the stamp/visa issued by the Emirate of Dubai or 3 weeks. Last October, I entered Oman from Qatar, the fee has been exempted. The Qatar immigration officer has stamped on my passport “Allow entry to Sultanate of Oman”
Countries from Group B – Only the different from the above rules will be highlighted
- Single entry visa – Issued upon arrival only for those entering with tour package bought from approved tour company. Or else must have a local sponsor who take full responsibilities during applicants stay in the country. Other rules same as group A.
- Multiple entry visa – A minimum of 3 weeks must elapse between each visits.
Countried from Group C
Express Visa – It is issued in the same day through the Directorate General of Passport & Residency and its sections in the regions for nationalities not mentioned in the list group A and B after the presentation of an application by an Oman commercial or tourist establishment or to apply directly to diplomatic mission and commercial representation offices abroad. It shall be issued on Omani working days within 24 hours unless there are justifications, which hinder the issuing of the visa. A fee of OMR7 will be charged. Visa is valid for 2 weeks and cannot be extended.
For other type of visa, please refer to the nearest Oman embassy / Consulate office.
Update to all readers : For those who are having problem with your visa to enter Oman, please refer to the nearest Oman consulate office or embassy in your respective country. I am neither a representative nor having any sort of connections with The Sultanate of Oman but I have been to Oman for quite a few times. Therefore, I can only provide a very limited information as what you can read in the article.