Visa (document) according to Mr.Wikipedia is a document issued by a country giving an individual permission to formally request entrance to the country during a given period of time and for certain purposes and most always stamped or glued inside of a passport or sometimes issued as separate pieces of paper.
There are many types of visa but only 4 will be highlighted in this post.
- Business Visa – Obtain on the purpose of engaging in commerce activity in the country. Mostly business people need to get this type of visa.
- Tourist Visa – To be issued on the purpose of leisure travel and no business activity is allowed.
- Transit Visa – Issued for a limited time, solely for passing through the country to a third destination
- On-Arrival Visa – This is granted when arriving at designated entry points of a country. The visa is only a formality for entry permission where an entrance free will need to be paid. This visa can be said as the extension feature for business and tourist visa.
- Other types of visa can be obtained from here.
To obtain a visa, there are two ways to do it. First, apply through the country’s embassy or consulate embassy. After getting the approval, then only you can travel to the country. The second option is to obtain upon arrival. Please note that not all countries issue visa on-arrival. So, please contact the embassy before making the trip to check on the latest rulings as it can be changed from time to time.
Normally visa comes with a fee. Only a few are given free. The fees ranges from country to another and depending on a few factors including duration of stay and single or multiple entry. Visa is granted on a few rules and conditions and even if you have visa, you still can be denied entry by the immigrations. So the best things to is to follow the rules set by the country.